SEA Games Opening Ceremony #kualalumpur2017

After having lunch at Akasia, Kak Yanti, Azie and I have to go back home and get ready for the SEA Games Opening Ceremony. Azie gave me two complimentary tickets few days back and it looks something like this...


The ticket is pretty. I'm keeping this as bookmark :)

Since my husband is busy with his animation training, I have to offer it to someone else who is available on that date. I asked Nana if she is free and she's excited too! We took MRT from TTDI and switch to LRT at Plaza Rakyat, and then straight to Bukit Jalil.

My first MRT experience! 

Hakok's family on their way...

When we arrive at Bukit Jalil, oh my... There are so many human beings here!!! (screams)

Insane right?

Us and Magik! Didn't know that he's a volunteer here :D

It's hot in here! It's not because they look fine... It really is hot...


Nana and I queued at the Entrance B line. The line is insanely long and if you are not comfortable standing, sweating and waiting, please don't come. Hahahahaha! Well, but I'm used to this so I have patience even though I'm a little exhausted after the 15km run earlier today.

Ellysha is going back because of the rain... Buhbye...


Around 630, suddenly it rains! Everyone panicked out and the line is gone. Luckily Nana and I brought our own umbrella and we immediately dashed to the entrance. We finally managed to get in and get a decent seat. Feuh! (Advice: It is ALWAYS a good idea to have a disposable raincoat or an umbrella)

This is the first time ever I enter the Bukit Jalil National Stadium. The stage is enormous (if you notice, it was actually the shape of the logo) and everything is white. I assume there will be a splendid light works projection on the white surface. This reminds me of Jennifer Lopez Feel the Light performance on American Idol.

 I feel so tiny here!

Lemme tell you something here... In the sea of human beings in the stadium, and you bumped into a familiar friend... This is what we call "jodoh" or you may call it miracle

Before the ceremony start, there are few hidden performances by the National Army and few Malaysian celebrities. Pak Nil is here to sing the happy Hoore Hoore song. The performance is fun, but it will be a lot better if the lyric is projected on screen. I think everyone is excited and wants to sing along too.

Just right after Maghrib, there is a light check and here comes the countdown for the ceremony. Woohoo!

Never have I ever felt so proud singing Negaraku in my life. The most symbolic Negaraku moment in my life is during convocation. But nothing can ever compare to this atmosphere. Probably because of the stadium, probably because of the crowd, maybe it's because of the lights, but overall, it's just amazing. Kudos to the National Army Brass Band team for such wonderful music.

One of the most anticipated performance, I think everyone wants to to see Dayang Nurfaizah on stage. Personally I think the music arrangement for Bangkit Bersama tonight sounds so much better than what I hear in Youtube. Love her voice, her outfit, and the headgear is EVERYTHING! Did anyone realize that the word "Bangkit" is the it word this millennia?

Then, here comes the dance with the cultural background, the colours and again, the lights are amazing. I live for this moment! Hmm what else I love about this... Oh, I'm super impressed with the torch passing ceremony, I did not expect that it would be that awesome! I almost cried (again) when they played the montage and the appearance of the legendary athletes.

For those who have missed the opening ceremony, you may watch in on Youtube. But it was not as great as the real event itself.

Wiwiwiwi!

I have a confession to make... The coolest thing I ever witnessed in my life so far is the World of Colours in Disney California Adventure Park. But tonight, I dare to say that Kuala Lumpur 2017 SEA Games has topped that off. If you want to know the man behind this whole historic event, you may click here.

To be perfectly honest, all in all, I'm blown away with everything. I'm very blessed to have the opportunity to experience this. Much thanks for the complementary tickets Azie. I'm in for the closing ceremony :)

#NegarakuMalaysia #MalaysiaBoleh #KL2017 #RisingTogether #BangkitBersama #SEAGames2017 #TPR #TeamPROTONRunners #Proton #itsinthedrive#kitajuara

Comments

Popular Posts