30 Days Challenge: No Rice Challenge!

If you are a huge fan of TED Talks, I bet you must’ve heard of the 30 Days Challenge. It’s pretty simple; you just have to continuously do something religiously in 30 days. It is a great way to drop a bad habit or to begin a new positive one.

So today, I decided I wanted to become a semi-vegetarian for 30 Days. Why semi? Because I can only rely on eggs for protein. I also wanted to skip rice, noodle, bread or any other source of carbs. As I’m writing this, I can feel how tough it is going to be.

Sources from Google


Sounds impossible right? Yes it is. Lol.

For those who know me, they’ll know that I don’t really know how to eat chicken, meat and fish. I’m just so bad at it. I usually eat processed food (like nuggets and burgers) and that is not healthy. Terrible isn’t it?

Plus, I’m allergic to milk. By saying allergic, I’m not referring to lactose intolerant or upset stomach, but milk causes skin breakouts and it makes my skin looks horrendous. Back then; I did not know why my skin in all of a sudden turns awful until I’ve tried the dairy free diet for 30 days.  Please refer to this site.

So there, I don’t drink milk or consume any yogurt drink. I haven’t drink yogurt drink for quite sometime now. I choose not to mix fruits and dairy products together. Some of my friends would suggest soy, but I don’t do soy. I haven't drink soy milk for couple of years now. The only type of soy that I would consume is soy sauce (kicap) and tempe. To all the girls out there, please stop consuming soymilk. It causes UTI.

Why no rice?
To be honest, I rarely eat rice if I’m in Shah Alam. I prefer to indulge if I go back home and eat as much carbs as I want. This may sound absurd, but I only consume basmati rice for diabetics. A quick disclaimer, I’m not diabetics; it’s just that my family eats this for the sake of my parents. The basmati rice is slightly tasteless compared to the normal rice.

*My parents are not getting any younger, so we have to support them and follow their diet as well.

Wish me luck!


Comments

Popular Posts